At CRG, we take environmental stewardship and sustainability seriously. Our company’s Green Team promotes and undertakes a range of initiatives designed to reduce our environmental impact and footprint, while benefitting our customers, employees, community and other stakeholders. In addition to these initiatives, a growing part of our business is manufacturing and supplying fabricated rubber products made for applications where reducing the carbon footprint or environmental impact is a key concern (green applications).
CRG serves the need for green rubber products in two ways:
- By fabricating products from green rubber materials. These materials are biodegradable and are made using plant-based materials. Products fabricated from these green rubbers can be used in wide range of applications, including those found in the industrial, automotive, mass transit, energy, and other sectors.
- By supplying fabricated rubber products for the green energy and construction industries. Green energy producers require fabricated rubber products for a number of applications, including gaskets and seals, insulation, and more. Similarly, builders of green homes and facilities look to CRG for green rubber products, including trim, weather stripping, window and door seals, thermal and acoustic insulation, flooring and matting, and more.
Fabricated rubber products for green applications: materials
Materials that CRG often uses for producing fabricated rubber products for green applications include the following:
- Natural rubber. Natural rubber is harvested in the form of latex obtained from rubber plants and trees. The latex is then strained, diluted with water, treated with acid, before being rolled into sheets which are then dried and shipped to fabricators such as CRG. Natural rubber is eco-friendly. Harvesting and using natural rubber has less impact on the environment, and the rubber tree is a crop that can be cultivated sustainably to protect forests and maintain the global carbon balance in the atmosphere.
- Recycled rubber. Recycled rubber is rubber that is made from reclaimed materials, such as used tires. Although not made exclusively from plant-based material, using recycled rubber to fabricate products can lessen the environmental impact and load that results from using rubber.
- Reclaimed rubber. Similar to recycled rubber in that it is made from used goods, reclaimed rubber undergoes de-vulcanization and re-vulcanization in its manufacture.
Fabricated rubber products for green applications: end-products
Examples of products that CRG can manufacture from environmentally friendly rubbers includes the following:
- Automotive rubber parts, including seals, grommets, bumpers, and more
- Industrial seals and gaskets
- Thermal and acoustic insulation
- Playground surfaces
- Landscape mulch and edging
- Flooring, matting and stair nosing/treads
- Industrial and safety walkways
- Parking stops
- Speed bumps
- Sound barrier panels
- Splash guard containment mats
If you have an application that calls for products fabricated from environmentally friendly rubbers, CRG will be pleased to review your needs. To find out more about the fabricated rubber products for green applications that we can supply, please contact our sales team at email@example.com.