At CRG, we specialize in converting raw materials into the finished parts our customers need. Every part that CRG manufactures is customized to meet each customer’s design requirements and specifications. In this blog we look at CRG’s process for working with customers, together with the applications we service and the materials we convert into finished parts.
How CRG works with customers
When working with customers to manufacture a finished part, CRG’s process usually consists of the following steps:
- Sales consultation. Members of our experienced sales team collaborate with customers to understand each application, end-use and quality requirements, as well as budget and cost constraints.
- Material selection. CRG’s extensive inventory and strong supply partnerships allow us to fabricate parts from a wide range of materials. Our sales team can advise on the materials that are most suitable for each customer’s application.
- Prototyping. When required, we can provide prototype parts before final production is commenced. Prototyping can afford our customers the opportunity to review and test parts in an application before moving to final production.
- Manufacturing. CRG maintains a diverse array of production technologies in our ISO 9001:2015-certified manufacturing facility. Manufacturing capabilities we offer include: CNC cutting with waterjet and flex/flash equipment; flat bed and rotary die cutting; machining and finishing; laminating; slitting; fabrication (including bonding and joining); and kitting and assembly. Given the wide range of our manufacturing capabilities, we guide customers to select the manufacturing method that optimizes quality, cost, and delivery. Buyers seeking products for potable water applications should note that, unlike many other converters who can only supply product cut from NSF/ANSI/CAN 61 certified materials, CRG’s manufacturing operations are certified under NSF/ANSI/CAN 61 by NSF International. This means we are committed to proving the quality and safety of our final product throughout our supply chain, including our own manufacturing operations.
- Packaging. Once a part is manufactured, CRG offers final packaging that supports each customer’s end-use needs, including supplying product in rolls, sheets, or individually packed.
- Quality and customer support. With over 30-years’ experience and a commitment to Lean Sigma operations, CRG is focused on customer satisfaction, quality excellence and value delivery.
Applications and materials
Customers come to CRG seeking parts for both new and existing products and applications. Our converting capabilities allow us to manufacture or fabricate parts that address a variety of challenges in industrial, automotive/mass transit, and commercial applications, including sealing and leak prevention, vibration and noise damping, insulating, EMI/RFI shielding, thermal and pressure management as well as aggressive media, surface protection, etc.
To produce finished parts, CRG often works with the following materials:
- Rubber and elastomers, including FDA-grade and NSF/ANSI/CAN 61 certified rubbers
- Compressed non-asbestos (CNA) sheet rubbers
- Conveyor belting
- Foams and sponges
- EMI/RFI shielding materials
- Non-wovens, including felt, cork and vegetable fiber
- Plastics and films
- Tapes and adhesives
- Ceramic papers and other specialty materials
If you are seeking converting services to produce a part for a new or existing product, CRG is your preferred supply partner. To find out more about how we can assist you, please contact our sales team at firstname.lastname@example.org.