CRG serves customers with a wide variety of custom fabricated parts made from specialty materials. All custom fabricated parts we produce support applications in the industrial and automotive sectors.
What types of custom fabricated parts made from specialty materials does CRG offer?
CRG custom fabricates parts to each customer’s unique requirements. Examples of parts we have produced include:
- Parts for electrical insulation and barrier protection, including EMI/RFI shielding parts
- Automotive parts for vehicle bodies and under-the-hood applications
- Gaskets and seals, including those made from FDA-approved materials
- Parts for suppressing noise, vibration and harshness (NVH)
- Parts for industrial machinery and equipment
- Bearing pads
- Wear parts and equipment liners
What specialty materials does CRG use to produce custom fabricated parts?
CRG employs a number of specialty materials in the production of custom fabricated parts. Below is a partial list of the specialty materials we use, together with the applications which they serve.
- Ceramic paper. Used to service high temperature applications with die cut gaskets, insulation and shields, filtration, etc.
- Cloth-inserted rubbers. Rubber sheet with cloth impregnated are designed to add stability where mechanical fastening is necessary, and to reduce gasket creep where heavy flange loading is required. Available in grades that are impermeable, fire-resistant, buoyant, and elastic. Used for sealing and dampening applications in industrial and automotive applications.
- Cork rubber composites. Strong and flexible, cork rubber is an ideal material for producing gaskets for use in narrow flanges.
- Engineered graphite. Combining the attributes of graphite and Kevlar, this material has high tensile strength and resistance to fire.
- Ideal for sealing applications where the ingress of dust and contaminants must be prevented. An excellent material for products designed to cushion vibrations, shocks, and impact.
- Fish paper. This fibrous paper is strong and flexible, with a high dielectric strength. A good material choice for die cut products in electrical applications.
- Formex®. The preferred alternative to fish paper for electrical insulating, barrier, and functional parts.
- Kapton®. An aromatic polyimide film, Kapton® is extremely tough and durable. This material can be employed to produce die cut products for use in a variety of electrical and electronic insulation applications, including wire and cable tapes, and formed coil insulation.
- Laminated foils. An excellent material for die cut products used as heat shielding, insulation, cable shields, firewalls, etc.
- A strong polyester film with excellent heat resistance and insulating properties.
- We use a wide variety of plastics to fabricate products such as wear parts, equipment liners, etc.
- Poron®. A high density microcellular foam with low compression set. Used in gasketing, sealing, vibration and sound dampening, and energy absorption.
- Wire oriented silicone. Wire impregnated silicone which can be used to fabricate EMI and RFI shielding parts.
If you have an application that requires custom fabricated parts made from specialty materials, CRG is your one-stop supply partner. Our cutting capabilities include CNC cutting, standard die cutting, rotary die cutting, kiss cutting, lamination, and slitting. With no minimum order requirements, CRG will provide you with prototypes, short- and long-run production, Kanban ordering and JIT delivery as required. To find out more about the custom fabricated parts made from specialty materials that CRG can supply, please contact our sales department directly at email@example.com.