Non-asbestos gaskets cut from a variety of non-asbestos materials readily available
The concerns about environmental impacts have rightfully shifted the fluid sealing industry away from the use of asbestos-based gaskets. Today, there is no need to use gaskets made from asbestos-based materials – the advent of restructured PTFE, flexible graphite, and other non-asbestos sheet gasket materials have all but eliminated to the need to use asbestos gaskets.
We manufacture all our non-asbestos gaskets from premium sheet material supplied by leading suppliers such as Teadit. These sheets are designed to service a variety of applications, including those involving severe and non-severe service. We can cut and supply non-asbestos gaskets from the following Teadit materials:
- Quimflex SH expanded PTFE sheet. Quimflex SH is an all purpose gasket sheet that can replace all other types of PTFE sheet. It will seal all aggressive chemicals over the entire 0-14 pH range except for molten alkali metals and elemental fluorine. Made from 100 per cent virgin PTFE, Quimflex SH not only resists chemical attack, but it will not contaminate or discolor end products.
- Tealon™ sheet, styles TF1510, TF1570, TF1580, TF1590. Gaskets made from Tealon™ sheet are suitable for severe service applications involving high temperatures and pressures and where aggressive media are present. We carry four styles of Tealon™ sheet, each suited for producing gaskets tailored for specific severe service applications.
- Compressed non-asbestos sheet. We can cut gaskets from any of the following Teadit styles:
- NA-1000M NBR, Aramid Fiber, Suitable for applications involving fluctuating temperatures.
- NA-1001 NBR, Aramid Fiber. An excellent general service material.
- NA-1076 Aramid Fibers/Neoprene Binder. Specially formulated to handle a broad range of refrigerants.
- NA-1080 SBR, Aramid Fiber. Ideal for handling media like: mild acids and alkalis, water, brine, saturated steam, air, industrial gases, general chemicals, and neutral solutions.
- NA-1081 NBR, Aramid Fiber. Ideal for handling media like: mild acids and alkalis, water, brine, saturated steam, air, industrial gases, general chemicals, and neutral solutions.
- NA-1085 Aramid Fibers/CSM Binder. A severe service non-asbestos gasket material that is specifically formulated to provide an effective seal against most acids in process industries.
- NA-1090 NBR, Inorganic Fibers. A sheet gasket material suitable for services with
- the following general media categories: mild inorganic acids; water; industrial gases; vegetable oils; neutral solutions; mild organic acids; brine; animal oils; petrol and derivatives; air; diluted alkalis; steam; synthetic oils; general chemicals.
- NA-1092 Compressed Sheet with Aramid Fibers/Graphite/NBR. A general purpose non-asbestos gasket material suitable for services with the following general media categories: mild inorganic acids; water; industrial gases; vegetable oils; neutral solutions; mild organic acids; brine; animal oils; petrol and derivatives; air; diluted alkalis; steam; synthetic oils; general chemicals.
- NA-1100 NBR, Aramid Fiber. Suitable for handling the following general media categories: mild inorganic acids; mild organic acids; air; diluted alkalis; water; brine; saturated steam; industrial gases; animal oils; synthetic oils; vegetable oils; petroleum and derivatives; general chemicals; neutral solutions; refrigerants; aliphatic solvents.
- NA-1122 NBR, Inorganic Fibers with Additives. Developed to have superior thermal stability in order to replace compressed asbestos gasket sheets in thermal cycling applications. It is specifically recommended for saturated and superheated steam applications. It is also suitable for sealing petroleum derivates, ethanol, chemical products and general services.
- 2660 Homogenous Flexible Graphite Sheet. A sheet that is resistant to chemical attack by virtually all organic and inorganic fluids with the exception of concentrated, highly oxidizing acids. Gaskets cut from Style 2660 flexible graphite sheet seal with low to moderate bolt loads and because of very low creep relaxation, re-torquing is rarely required. Style 2661 (foil insert), Style 2663 (steel tang insert), and Style 2664 (Mylar film insert) also available.
- NA-1500 PTFE Sheet; Virgin Grade. Style 1500 virgin PTFE sheet can handle virtually all chemicals in the 0-14 pH range with the exception of molten alkali metals and elemental fluorine. It is suitable for service at temperatures from the cryogenic range up to 500°F. This style is particularly recommended for applications in the food and beverage industry where high purity materials are required. It is also used where contamination or discoloration of flow media cannot be tolerated.
- NA-1525 PTFE Glass Filled Grade. This PTFE sheet is filled with 25 per cent glass fibers by weight. The filled material significantly reduces cold flow and creep and increases wear resistance compared to unfilled PTFE sheet. It can handle a very broad range of chemicals with the exception of molten alkali metals and elemental fluorine.
- NA-1550 PTFE Sheet Mechanical Grade. This sheet can handle virtually all chemicals in the 0-14 pH range with the exception of molten alkali metals and elemental fluorine. It is suitable for service at temperatures from the cryogenic range up to 500°F. This sheet is particularly recommended for applications in the industrial and process industries where high purity materials are not required. It is more economical than virgin PTFE sheet and the physical properties are only somewhat less than those of virgin PTFE.
All our gaskets are precision cut using the latest fabricating technology. We can handle large-volume orders or small-lot runs. Rapid order turnaround and emergency service are our specialty. To find out more about the gaskets we can cut and supply from any of the above materials, contact our sales department at firstname.lastname@example.org.