Sanitary gaskets and seals are widely used in the food and beverage, dairy, pharmaceutical, biotech, and other industries. These gaskets provide hygienic seals and connections in sanitary process equipment, piping, and jointing.
CRGI Sanitary Gaskets: Materials
At Canada Rubber Group Inc. (CRGI), we supply sanitary gaskets, seals, and other fabricated rubber products for use in hygienic applications. These products are manufactured from a variety of materials, including the following:
- Rubber sheet certified to NSF 61. These hygienic rubbers meet the requirements of NSF 61 for sanitary service and drinking water applications.
- Food-grade silicone rubbers have outstanding characteristics that make it a preferred material for food processing applications. The temperature resilience of silicone rubber, together with its non-stick and inert properties, make it especially attractive for use in food production environments. In addition, additives may be included in the compound to address food processing requirements.
CRGI carries metectSil™, a metal detectable silicone that includes additives which will register on a metal detectable scanner should the material degrade or decompose. In addition, we carry neutraSil™, an antimicrobial compound containing silver ions that inhibit bacterial growth.
- Nitrile rubber. This rubber compound is preferred in those applications where oils and greases are prevalent.
- EPDM rubber. With a higher heat resistance than nitrile rubber, food grade EPDM would be preferred where the high temperature tolerance of silicone is not required.
- PTFE rubber. PTFE (polytetrafluoroethylene) is a synthetic fluoropolymer of tetrafluoroethylene that has a wide range of applications. Teflon® is the best known brand name of PTFE-based formulas. Teflon® is a trademark of E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company (DuPont). PTFE gaskets for sanitary applications are often used in pumps, valves, and flanged joints in piping and transfer equipment. Gaskets made from both non-filled and filled PTFE sheet are covered under FDA directives.
CRGI Sanitary Gaskets: Types
CRGI can supply a wide variety of sanitary gaskets, including the following types:
- Standard gaskets. Available in a wide variety of sizes and styles, including full face, tri-clamp, ring, bevel, and others. All standard gaskets for sanitary applications are fabricated from sheet rubber suitable for these applications.
- Metal detectable gaskets. Manufactured from metal detectable silicone, these gaskets offer zero-leak performance in hygienic applications.
- Antimicrobial gaskets. Gaskets made from silicone rubber specially formulated to inhibit bacterial growth.
If you are in the food processing, beverage, brewing, pharmaceutical, or biotech industries and require sanitary gaskets, please contact our sales department at email@example.com for further information on our products.